Rome Police Department
1156 Alpine Drive
Nekoosa, WI 54457
The Police Department is located on the north end of the Rome Municipal Complex at the intersection of State Highway 13 and Alpine Drive. Office Hours are By Appointment Only (temporary due to staffing shortage) Monday - Thursday 8a - 12p Normally
Drug Drop Box hours have changed to By Appointment Only as well.
- Emergency: 911
- Rome Police Department Office (Non-emergency) (Not staffed 24 hours): (715) 325-8020 Station Hours: by appointment
- Adams County Dispatch (Non-emergency): 1 (877) 885-9977 toll free
- Rome Police Department Fax: (715) 325-8033
- Rome Municipal Court: (715) 325-8039
Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Town of Rome Police Department is enhancement of the quality of life of residents and visitors through effective crime reduction, preservation of the peace, and responsiveness to social changes in the community. We strive to focus on proactive policing and crime prevention.
Knowing law enforcement officers must maintain a high standard of conduct, the officers of the Town of Rome Police Department will strive to uphold the highest ethical ideals in both their professional and private lives. We will take an active role in establishing and maintaining a professional image of law enforcement in all our contacts with the public we serve through honesty and integrity.
On behalf of the Town of Rome Police Department we would like to welcome you to the Rome Police Department’s website. The purpose of this website is to not only show you the vast array of services we provide, but also provide you with a resource for answering questions about our department and contacting us if the need should arise.
The Rome Police Department employs six full-time officers and several part-time officers, we provide police services 24-hour a day, seven days a week. We patrol approximately 56 square miles, which makes up the Town of Rome in northern Adams County. We are a very progressive agency which strives to provide our community with exemplary police services through continued education/training of officers, and constant advancements in law enforcement technology.
Please take some time to explore our website and learn about all the services we provide. We believe you will find that our officers are dedicated to not only enforcing the law, but also to the safety of each and every resident and visitor to the Town of Rome.
The Rome Police Department has staff on duty 24-hours per day, 365 days per year. Our law enforcement professionals are available to assist you with all of your law enforcement needs. Please do not hesitate to call if you observe any suspicious behavior or have any law enforcement concerns. In addition, officers are trained to assist you with any of the following services:
|Incident Reports||$.50 per page + postage fees if mailed|
|Incident Reports (Faxed)||$3.00 up to 6 pages + $1.00 each additional page|
|Incident Reports (emailed)||$3.00 Flat Fee|
|Photographs/Video||$10.00 per CD/DVD|
|Fingerprints||$10 per person|
|Background check (Local records check only)||$3.00 per person|
|Notary Services||$5.00 ($2.00 for Rome Resident)|
|Temporary License Plate Counter Fee||$5.00 per vehicle|
|Permit for storing unregistered vehicle on property||$75 (12 month permit)|
Surrounding Police/Sheriff Departments
- Adams County Sheriff's Department
- Adams Police Department
- Wood County Sheriff's Department
- Wisconsin Rapids Police Department
- Grand Rapids Police Department
- Nekoosa Police Department
- Port Edwards Police Department
- Town of Rome Municipal Court Citation/Fine Payments
- Circuit Court Fee/Fine Payments
- Adams County District Attorney's Office
- Wisconsin Victim Information & Notification Everyday (VINE)
- Wisconsin Professional Police Association
- Rome Professional Police Association Contract
- Hope House Domestic Abuse Shelter/Victim Services
- Homeland Security Investigations Victim Notification Program