ALL TAX PAYMENTS MUST NOW BE MADE TO THE TOWN OF ROME CLERK/TREASURER
- Make checks for the full or 1st installment (on or before January 31st) PAYABLE TO:
Town of Rome Clerk/Treasurer
1156 Alpine Dr.
Nekoosa, WI. 54457
Phone: (715) 325-8022
- AFTER February 1st, ALL payments must be made to:
Adams County Treasurer
PO Box 470
Friendship, WI. 53934
Phone: (608) 339-4202
The Town of Rome will accept first installments or full payments through January 31, 2021, payable to the Town of Rome by the following methods:
- Mail to: 1156 Alpine Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457
- 24/7 drop box in the Town Hall Vestibule (strongly encouraged)
- By credit card (see below)
- Drive thru payments, checks and exact change only, will be taken on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m. (the week of Christmas will be Tuesday and Wednesday and the week of New Years will be Tuesday and Thursday) through January 29, 2021
The public will not be able to come into the building to pay their taxes.
PLEASE NOTE: The Town no longer honors postmark dates for December payments - payments must be received in office prior to 12/31/2020 to be posted to 2020.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Check your tax and assessment records online at http://www.adamscountylandrecords.com
- Enter the Tax and Assessment System, put in your parcel ID# (030-0????-????) and use 2020 tax year and then hit SUBMIT. You can look at other years information by changing the year.
- If possible, refer to your parcel #030-0????-????, when calling about your property
- All payments will be recorded on the date received.
- If you would like a receipt, please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.
- There is a $30.00 fee for returned checks.
Electronic Payments for Taxes
ONLY for payments BEFORE JANUARY 25, 2021
- As part of our commitment to provide citizens with efficient, convenient service, the Town of Rome has partnered with PayGOV.us to offer payment of taxes over the internet. The site will be active until January 25, 2021, for first installment payments by credit card online.
- You can use your VISA, DISCOVER OR MASTERCARD
- us, the service provider, charges a 2.75% convenience fee for payment processing. There is no savings by having us do it in the office, the charge is still the same.
Click here to pay your taxes with a credit card.
PLEASE DROP A NOTE IF YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS INCORRECT
PAYMENTS WILL NOT POST TO THE COUNTY WEBSITE UNTIL MID FEBRUARY
- The County does not send out a 2nd installment reminder in June
- REMEMBER, SAVE YOUR TAX BILL, only mail the appropriate stub with your payment!