Let's Get Started!
Interested in a Rome Town Center (RTC) property purchase?
Please submit an Offer to Purchase letter to the Town Administrator, including:
- General location, acreage and amount offering for parcel (all land is sized to suit in RTC, there are no pre-determined lots).
- Description of the business and whether a permitted or conditional use in RTC Sub-zoning District selected (Sub-zoning Districts are available on-line, https://ecode360.com/33913291, or through the Town Administrator).
- Business Plan outlining marketing analysis for selection in RTC, also include sales/income forecast projections and possible funding partners.
- Beginning of a Site Plan/Plan of Operation, including how the business would be arranged on the parcel, ingress and egress of customers/employees, parking, building design/colors.
The Town of Rome wants entrepreneurs to succeed! Good planning ensures both success for the business and for the municipality. If you need assistance to complete any of the items noted above, please contact the Town Administrator to be connected to free or low-cost entrepreneurship assistance.
Purchase documents can be provided to Jami Gebert, Town Administrator, 1156 Alpine Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457 or email@example.com. All complete offers (including all items above) are considered by the Community Development Authority (CDA) at their next available meeting. The CDA meets the first Thursday of every month at 3 PM, special meeting can be arranged if necessary.
New Business Outside of RTC and/or After RTC Purchase
- All new businesses in the Town of Rome need to meet with the Zoning Administrator to discuss necessary permits.
- All new development must have a Site Plan/Plan of Operation (§ 360-132 Permit procedure)
- New Owners of an existing commercial building
- If the new owners plan to operate the business with a Site Plan/Plan of Operation that is substantially similar to the current business, a new Site Plan/Plan of Operation is not needed
- If the new owners plan to operate the business with a Site Plan/ Plan of Operation that is not substantially similar to the current business, a new Site Plan/ Plan of Operation is required
- Required for Plan Commission (§ 360-131 Standards for all businesses; Article XVII Rome Town Center District if your business is located in RTC):
- Site Plan/ Plan of Operation Review Application
- Formal Site Plan of entire property, plans should be to-scale (include property boundaries, setbacks, and proposed placement of future development)
- Proposed Signage
- Landscaping Plan
- Building Design Plans (include exterior colors and finishes; samples required)
- Refuse Enclosure
- Lighting Plans
- Design of Ingress and Egress including Parking Lot/Paving Plan
- Utility Plan (Sanitary Permit from Adams County Planning and Zoning)
- Stormwater Runoff Plans (Adams County Planning and Zoning)
- Relevant Articles in Town Code:
Site plan/plan of operation documents can be provided to Emily Zeddies, Zoning Administrator, 1156 Alpine Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All site plan/plan of operation proposals are considered by the Plan Commission at their next available meeting.